Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Four by Four Friday - Grungeboard


If you haven't had a chance to try the new Grungeboard by Ranger, do it! This stuff is great. It bends, distresses, cuts, and glues like paper or chipboard without the rolling or pilling or sagging that is common to many types of paper. I created this piece using grungeboard elements. The hinges, keyhole, and peephole cover are all Grungeboard, embossed with two coats of copper embossing powder. Then brads were added. I hammered the whole lot with a small hammer that I use for setting eyelets to give it a more distressed look. I then glued the elements in place using Crafter's Choice glue - one of my favorites. I call this piece of work "Speak Easy" after the bars that went underground during Prohibition in the United States.

2 comments:

WendyK said...

Great use of grungeboard, lovely card

AmyS said...

Beautiful piece! Thanks for explaining how you made it.