Monday, April 20, 2009

Art Creations Friday - Challenge 22


This week's Art Creation's Friday challenge was to alter a painting. I decided to make her look like a worn postcard that someone had used as a coaster at one point for their coffee. I removed the background and replaced it with one that looked more tattered. I then used a series of stylized brushes to imitate coffee stains. Then I added a series of overlays and flattened the painting down.

These alterations were all rendered digitally. A lot less messy but a lot more complicated.

4 comments:

Femmy said...

just beautiful!!!

vintage wil said...

Lovely card !!!

Anonymous said...

Its really beautiful

Stacy said...

Great!!! You did a fabulous job making the image look worn and torn! I am not very proficient with the brushes so I really appreciate your expertise!