Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Make a Moo - Cream, Beige, and Brown


Sometimes the challenge is the size of the artwork and othertimes it is the theme. This one was bit easier than most since I love working with earth tones. I used gessoed pieces of cardboard to stamp backgrounds in cream color ink. On the Moo with the naked women, I wanted to extend the motif of the swirls, so I added an additional background stamp in Beige. I then stamped the woman in Brown (which makes the white paper appear somewhat pink). I also highlighted the tattoo (which is swirls) on her with a gel pen in copper sparkle. The other Moo has a little girl in various shades of sepia and beige with her doll and some words in darker brown. I edged the piece with a bit of dark brown ink to to add to the overall faded look.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow fantastic moo´s.
Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Both are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

They are both very gorgeous!