Friday, June 20, 2008

Skinny Saturday - Queen


Alice in Wonderland is a recurring theme in my artwork. Probably because it was a recurring theme in my life. My mother is named Alice and once I played the White Rabbit in a traveling school production. It seems that as life progressed I never realized how much those roles really were made for both of us. My mother was always trying to create order out of chaos, and I was always worried about being late, performing my duties and generally living up to what was expected of me. These images came to mind when I ran through my collection of bits to create this work. This pensive little girl looked more like she was already a demanding Queen than hoping to become one someday.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love your Skinny thanks for taking part in Skinny Saturday

Sarah x