Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Big WHAT IF

I've managed to add to two more shelves on the wall. I've recently purchased a big oak dining room table and put a huge cutting board on it. I also purchased a real decent paper guillotine for cutting 8.5 x 11" pieces of paper in one slice. A new paper store has opened in town, so I can get specialty papers without having to drive to Philadelphia or New York. I've actually managed to start creating again.

Now if I could just clap my hands and get the rest of the stuff in place. I keep "What Iffing" myself. If I get rid of all this stuff, what if later, I need it for something else? If I get rid of these shoes - what if later I need a pair this color later? (Never mind that burgundy is no longer the fashion statement it used to be.) If I get of all the polymer clay - what if I want to play with polymer clay later? If I get rid of some of these art books/magazines - what if there's a technique I need to review later?

I What Iffed myself into closets and containers full of stuff. I remember when all my stuff in the world could be packed in a single car and moved. I could pack in an afternoon. Now what? I haven't even gotten to my daughter's stuff....

No comments: