Friday, August 14, 2009

Trying another substrate


The new store in town, the Paper Source, has become a wonderful source for some new materials. Of course, I blow my budget for art materials when I go in there, but who can resist. There are 10 different colors of Lotka paper, 8 different colors of silk papers, all sorts of hand prints, wrapping papers, ribbons, stamps, punches and a back room for classes. I purchased some white silk tissue paper recently, and painted some Golden's white digital ground on it. Then I ran it through the printer on a carrier shetet of card stock. I printed an old photo on it. While it didn't come out the way I had hoped the results were interesting. The print will have to be spray with workable fixative before I add it as a layer to some future piece down the line. I might try doing the same thing again but using a clear ground to see how much of the texture of the paper shows through.

No comments: