Monday, August 10, 2009

Too Hot for Art

When the days are too humid, it is difficult to get paint or gesso to dry. What about when the days are too hot? It is too hot today for me to think much. I don't have air conditioning. I live in woods and most times, my place is pretty cool in the summer. But today, it is 98 degrees with high humidity. So even if I tried to put some paint or gesso or ink down, it wouldn't dry anytime soon. But everything is taking an effort today. Plus, I have one of those headaches you get from the heat.

A while ago, a friend found some Spanish flash cards that her school was throwing out. She took a stack and gave some to me. I pulled out number 872 to keep by my computer - sonar (minus the ~ over the n) - to dream. I want to sleep and to dream of cool weather.

No comments: