Sunday, May 18, 2008

4x4 Friday - Masks

I decided to execute this assignment digitally. While I feel that learning the basics in art is paramount, it is also important to keep up with the new technology. I have recently purchased a copy of Photoshop Elements. I've also been buying a British Magazine called Photoshop Creative. The great thing about this mag is that it comes with a disk of extras (like brushes and patterns) plus it gives tutorials on how to work with the new tech. I originally purchase a copy because it is giving workshops on how to restore old images. I like to work with cabinet cards and CDVs, but they usually scan with all the noise, speckles, fades and spots that the years have worn onto them. So I originally purchased the magazine (which is a bit pricey at $15.50 an issue) to learn how to clean up some of my old pictures for future artwork. Of course, the freebies helped too.

So here is my homage to one of my favorite "masks" - Edgar Allen Poe's story, The Mask of the Read Death.

1 comment:

Femmy said...

great!!!! love your take on the theme!!