Thursday, May 8, 2008

Crazy Amigos Challenge - Birds


This artwork was for the Crazy Amigos Challenge Blog. I wanted to try some new techniques on this challenge. So I used vintage papers and tissue paper. I transferred images onto the papers using a chartpak blender marker. I then glued them onto a piece of cardstock that was supported by some cardboard from a cereal box. I cut out and added a few more bird images that I had. Then I did some "scrumbling" which is using a filbert brush or a deerfoot brush to pounce paint around the area. In this case, I used gesso to hide the edges of the elements that were pasted and add some overall texture. I then added washes of Twinkling H20's using very subtle shades and working up to stronger colors.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is excellent. Stunning background. Love it.

Femmy said...

beautiful work!!!

Rika said...

Beautiful art work!

Sija said...

Gorgeous art work!

Audrey said...

Beautiful, love your artwork!

Rachel said...

Very interesting art - Love the depth this piece has.